Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whoops.

It's midnight. I just woke up to get ready to go back to sleep. I fell asleep around 8:30 after taking my roommate to Ikea with the intent to buy a desk. Our intentions were met with success, and we made it out alive. I didn't however, make it out without having eaten 15 meatballs, a side of mash potatoes and gravy and a frozen yogurt cone. We were talking it over and figured that Ikea with it's sales genius, discovered that well fed people, are happy-to-spend-money-on-crap-from-Sweden-with-weird-names people. Keep them full and nourished during their 40 years of meandering, lost in the wastelands of consumerist quintessence and treat them to delicous cheap treats after they reach the promised land of the cash registers. In order to squeeze every last drop of spending compulsion out of their customers, they give us $1 frozen yogurt and 50 cent hotdogs. Anyway, that's my 52 cents on Ikea. In fun news, we started our flour sack animation today! I finished it in about 45 minutes I was so excited to see it move. I have to add some frames to give it a little more oomph, but I'm proud of my first attempt. I'll let you see it when it's done. I have however, created a quicktime movie of my first foray into classical animation: The Bouncing Ball. It's only a pencil test and it's about 3 seconds long (if that). But I like it and so does the little steamer that's in it!

1 comment:

  1. hi peter.
    digging the updates. you sound happy.
    guess what? I'm in LA writing a screenplay of my book. This city is so weird. Totally flat with phallic trees everywhere. i've had no sleep for about a week.
    miss you.

    ReplyDelete