Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Skunks like recycling too!


I finally made time for myself this week to come home and cook a proper meal. It felt so good as I've been getting home after 11 pm lately. I really like getting work done, but relaxing with the Pipester is one of my favorite activities. I made some type of curry. It's allright. I can eat it for two more meals. Any more and I'll crack. On the other hand Piper has been getting new wet food from those little made-for-prissy-cat packages. She's nuts for that stuff! She's constantly hounding me (yes, like a dog) for more food. I'm excited because it means she's happy and I've felt bad for leaving her alone so much during the week. Though, we do have a house full of people now. The woman who rents the up-upstairs has returned from her work in the North and is currently filling the house with good fire-creating vibes. After I finished dinner I stepped outside and then immediately back inside. The reason for my doorway hokey-pokey was a skunk hanging out in the recycling bin outside the front door. I don't know why he was in the recycling bin, but he was there when I checked on him about an hour later. He must have been reading the newspaper. The Dalai Lama is visiting Vancouver and has been on the front page. I'm glad I live with Earth-conscious peacenik skunks. Better than the Hells Angels skunks nextdoor. In animation news: We had our weekly History of Animation class today and we saw some of the most AMAZING animation I have ever scene. It actually expanded me as a person. I forgot what it felt like for my eyes to feast on visuals as though they were a Thanksgiving meal (which, by the way is coming up for Canucks). A short list of the artists and films which made an impression on me: Alexander Petrov The Old Man and The Sea (1999), Ryan Larkin Walking (1970), Chris Landreth Ryan (2005), Lotte Reiniger The Adventures of Prince Achmed (1908!), Suzie Templeton Peter and the Wolf (2006) and Erica Russell Feet of Song (1988). They would all be better seen on a nice big screen so try and find these on DVD and watch them at your-friend-who-has-a-huge-flat-screen-tv's house. Oh yeah! The photo is of my desk at school! Hopefully it will become more cluttered with time!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting those killer shorts peter. it turns out it is very rewarding to follow your blog. i am just now getting caught up. had time to watch "old man and the sea" and "walking" both real great. til next time, keep that pencil scribblin' !

    ReplyDelete