Saturday, September 5, 2009

The short of it:

I've been here in Vancouver 2 weeks now. In chronological order beginning 2 days prior to my original departure from Crystal Springs on Bainbridge Island, here's what's happened: I cleaned my house and got it sorted with the invaluable help of the Jayne 'rents. Packed up my car with the bike on top and Piper, the cat, in the front seat. Left for Vancouver on Sunday the 23rd of August. Piper made weird noises, wet herself, bit the bars of her cage and made her paw bleed from her violent outbursts during the ride north. Made it to and through the border without problems but with a vaild study permit. Arrived at my new home in North Vancouver. Unpacked. Ate a Teen Burger at the A&W that's a block from the house. Went to bed. Woke up on the 24th and attended the Vancouver Film School orientation in Downtown Vancouver. Had my picture taken. Smirky smile. Next day took the Sea Bus to get a cell phone and bank account set up. I spent the rest of the week cleaning my room and getting it organized and cleaned. I found a desk at the Salvation Army. Piper had her first encounter with the family of skunks living in the bushes around the house. Luckily it didn't get stinky. I have noticed some pugent odors wafting through the windows lately. Cute as they are, I wish they wouldn't hang out here. Sister Carrie came and became my very first guest last Saturday. We managed to do some exploring around the area. The highlights include: The Lynn Valley Canyon, The Rusty Gull (Carrie was pretty aprehensive at first), the one-man-band at the Rusty Gull that played Bob Seeger and Santana covers and the new Ang Lee movie Taking Woodstock. The lowlights were pretty much that downtown Vancouver, without proper knowledge of the city is really expensive to hang out in. I said goodbye to Carrie last Sunday and got ready for the big day on Monday. Since starting school on Monday I've had ten different classes and 5 assignments. Due next week are a fully designed character, line test of a bouncing ball with dope sheet, one-point perspective drawing, concept layouts with thumbnails and animation assisting in-betweens. My class is full of 22 people who all share a passion for drawing and animation and will all share a similar case of carpal tunnel syndrome in a year. BRING IT ON!

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I may have exaggerated on the amount of classes. I think it was like 8.

    ReplyDelete