Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Knife Fight!


They say that manual labor doesn't pay as well as work of a more cerebral nature. I used to think that was just an excuse propagated by the rich in an attempt to justify paying low wages to workers. I'm starting to think that there might be something to it other than pompous elitism. I've been so tired lately and it's not because of any intense marathons or all the bench pressing I've been doing. I think it's because of all the brain activity lately. Constantly problem solving and adapting to daily changes and challenges is seriously tiring. It's no wonder humans like to settle into a nice comfy zone most of the time. I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately too. I dreamed that I was working in the garage at my parents house working on the Falcon. Everybody had gone somewhere, like a fair or some kind of event. A young man with a red baseball hat and a white jacket came up out of nowhere and said he was looking for car parts. I looked at his eyes and I saw malice in them. I said "and you don't want to pay for them? Right?" "No" he replied. I then got out my knife and we got into a knife fight. We kept circling each not really ready to hurt each other let alone kill each other. I just wanted him to go away. I kept swiping at him, giving him little cuts but nothing that bad. I kept getting sliced because I didn't want to fight really. We were also carrying on a conversation the whole time. I finally had it and I stuck him in the ribs really hard. It went deep but it was gross and not very satisfying. I don't think the fight ended at that point, but I don't remember much beyond that. See? Weird. Had Animation History today. We looked at propaganda films from the war. My favorites were a Disney one about bacon grease and a more somber one from MGM which was actually nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize! We also looked at UPA which shook up the animation scene in the 50's with their modern style. Then some of the animators (who had defected from Disney) came under the scrutiny of the McCarthy commie witch hunt after a paranoid Walt Disney ratted them out! That killed the sudio. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What is it about trying to stab or punch someone in a dream? It's always unsatisfying...like trying to run in water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theme: Swine and Roses
    Colors: Medium pink and brown

    ReplyDelete