Sunday, September 6, 2009

Laborious Day


Tomorrow is Labor Day. I will be laboring. I have to finish one more assignment before we go back to school but I have no reason to complain since I'll just be drawing! I want to try having weekends free when I can, so this week's personal goal will be finishing all assignments before the weekend. Yee haw! There's only one class that looks boring this week and that's a seminar on copyright. Boo! Free the ideas! They're like Doritos "Crunch all you want, we'll make more!". I'm particularly excited for Animation History. Seriously, we watch cartoons for three hours. What the hell?! I'm in heaven! Last week the instructor started us out with some of the first animated films. By the end I had much new found respect for Disney. In particular the Ub Iwerks works. Mickey too, I never knew he was so violent. He also had us sing along (by us I mean the five of the 4o who have no shame) to The Three Little Pigs animation. I found myself singing "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?" while I cooked some delicious bacon the next morning. In other news I have a new roommate who is into modular analog synthesizers and has been toiling away, soldering and drilling since he arrived on Saturday. His room looks like a science lab from a '60s space movie. Awesome. Oh yeah, did I mention that I live in a windmill?

1 comment:

  1. Classes sound awsome. I am way envious of your student ways and your windmill abode. If only I could prevent Olive from screeching and running wild up and down the classroom, I'd totally join you in your return to school.

    ReplyDelete